This Portal is filled with business resources designed to push your business over the top.
- Would you like to have a mentor help you with the nuts and bolts of your business?
- Would you like that mentor to have years of experience and success to draw from?
- And would you like to receive this assistance for free?
If so then you need to contact SCORE!
SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with more than 10,000 volunteers in 300 chapters.
As a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE has helped more than 10 million entrepreneurs through mentoring, workshops and educational resources.
2) CONTRACT SOFTWARE – Craftsman Construction Contract Writer. Protect both yourself and your clients by creating California iron-clad legal contracts which accurately take all state laws into effect and that will stand up in court in the event of a payment or contract dispute. One bad client could easily cost you tens of thousands in fines or lost revenue.
This ultra-affordable software costs less than $100, download a free fully functional trial version, minus print & sharing features and review it for as long as you like. The pay version includes an “ask a question” button directly to an attorney on the Craftsman Book Co. staff for help if you have a question or get stumped. This service is free, and you can expect a response within 24 hours. “If you have ever had to consult an attorney, this service pays the cost of the program as soon as you ask the first question”.
3) BUILDERS EXCHANGE – Join your local business exchange. Gain access to and submit bids for local, state, and federal government contracts. Network and build relationships with other area contractors. Gain access to discounted services and other benefits.
SCORE – Business Startup: Simple Steps to Starting your Business. (12 Courses)
Workbook: Click to Download
- Module 1: Startup Basics
- Module 2: Business Concept
- Module 3: Marketing Plan
- Module 4: Financial Projections
- Module 5: Funding Sources and Next Steps
- Developing a Business Plan
This workshop provides step-by-step instructions on how to successfully develop your business plan
- Quick Start Business Plan
This workshop teaches you how to develop an effective business plan.
- Determining Your Company’s Legal Structure
This business workshop will provide an overview of different legal structures and help you decide which is best for your company.
- Creating A Strategic Plan
This free online business workshop will help you create a strategic plan for your company.
- Pricing Products and Services
This workshop will help you develop your pricing strategy for your product or service using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Targeting Your Market
This workshop helps you determine your company’s target market by demographic, psychographic, behavioristic profiles, and other market segmentation techniques.
- Analyzing Your Competition
This workshop will show you how to gather competitive intelligence, provide case studies, and help you set yourself apart from the competition.
- Promoting Your Business
This workshop examines the key factors of successful marketing campaigns and provides sample plans and steps to start your own promotions.
SCORE – Growing Your Business (16 Courses)
- Marketing Plan Guide – Download Guide
Use this guide to develop a 12 – month marketing plan and integrate it into your company’s business plan
- Maintaining an Agile Company: Tips to Respond to Changing Markets and Changing Customers
In this workshop, you will determine if you are meeting customer’s needs, responding to market change and identify new opportunities.
- Building Your Brand
This free online business workshop will help you define and strengthen your company’s brand.
- Identifying Your Sales Strategy
This free, online workshop will help you prepare a sales forecast, sales budget and contingency plan for your business.
- Creating a Competitive Advantage
Learn how to set your company apart from others. Take this free business workshop to develop a competitive advantage.
- Personalization Strategies to Attract and Retain Customers
This online business workshop will discuss marketing tactics and personalization strategies to help your customers feel uniquely connected to your business.
- Conducting a Market Analysis
This workshop explains the importance of doing a market analysis and how to best conduct your research.
- Advertising Your Business
This workshop will help you identify your target audience and explore different advertising options with key tips for success.
- Assessing Your Company’s Financial Needs
This free online business workshop will help you determine the financial needs of your small business.
- Running a Profitable Company
This free online business workshop will provide tips for getting and staying profitable.
- Preparing a Cash Budget
This workshop teaches how to create cash budget worksheets and manage your day to day cash flow.
- Managing Your Cash Flow
This business workshop explains methods of determining and keeping track of your cash flow.
- Preparing a Balance Sheet
This free online business workshop provides a step-by-step guide on how to prepare a balance sheet.
- Analyzing Your Financial Ratios
This course will help you understand how ratios determine the financial health of your business.
- Creating a Profit and Loss Statement
This workshop will help you develop a profit and loss statement for your company.
- Growing with Partners and Investors
This free online business workshop will identify ways your company can grow and attract new partners and investors.
SCORE – OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
- Tech Made Simple: Using Technology to Improve Your Cash Flow
This workshop explains how to use technology to amplify the three dimensions of cash flow: Timing, amount, and direction.
- Tech Made Simple: Boosting Your Business Using Technology
This workshop will clarify the realities of state-of-the-art technology to help you introduce new, exciting life into your business.
- Tech Made Simple: Building the Perfect Website for Your Small Business
This workshop describes, in detail, how to bring a business to the web in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Tech Made Simple: Creating a Technology Plan for Your Small Business
This workshop explains how to use technology to create a clear roadmap for your company.
- Tech Made Simple: Using Technology to Jumpstart Your Sales
This workshop will introduce a variety of technology assets to small business development along with a marketing model to increase your sales and profits.
LOW-COST SOFTWARE WHICH CAN GREATLY ENHANCE YOUR BUSINESS.
Craftsman Construction Contract Writer, only $99: Contract Writing Software is a must have tool that could potentially save your business. Construction Contract Writer – Download
Just answer the questions to draft residential or commercial prime or subcontracts, cost-plus (time & material) contracts, green LEED contracts, home improvement contracts, pool contracts, solar installation contracts or construction management (consulting) contracts.
Writing contracts that comply with the law in your state isn’t easy. A contract that doesn’t comply could leave you with no way to collect. You need contracts that:
- Fit your jobs exactly,
- Anticipate the most likely disputes,
- Resolve key issues in your favor.
- Favor either the contractor or the owner. Your choice.
FREE ACCESS TO AN ATTORNEY Need specific contract advise? Construction Contract Writer has you covered. You don’t need any legal experience — just answer the program’s interview questions. And if you get stuck, click the “Get Help From an Attorney” button. You’ll have an answer in 24 hours. No charge. No limit.
Drafts residential & commercial prime and subcontracts, cost-plus (time & material) contracts, green LEED contracts (commercial, IT or gut-rehab), home improvement contracts, pool contracts, solar installation contracts & construction management (consulting) contracts.
Craftsman Cost Books: The ability to quickly write accurate bids increases your chance of winning more projects! Craftsman Costbooks are some of the most respected and lowest priced cost books in the industry,
There are 11 cost books. they range in price starting at $44 for hard copy book, or (BEST DEAL) $120 for electronic downloads all 11 cost books. This works with the Job Cost Wizard, which you can use to turn estimates into invoices and export both into quick books.
for example, the 2018 National Construction estimator 66th Annual Edition – Provides current building costs for residential, commercial, and industrial construction. Estimated prices for every common building material, the labor cost to install the material and a total “installed” cost.
For those jobs where you can’t rely on your past experience to estimate, rely on the prices in this national standard of construction costs to get you safely in the ballpark.
Provides manhours, recommended crew, and the labor cost for installation of every job and practically every type of material in construction. Provides clear descriptions of what is included in the job being estimated so you know exactly what the job and the prices for that job entail. Every cost is carefully described. It even provides suggested crew sizes and equipment rates.
The 2018 Craftsman Site License includes access to the following cost book databases, National Construction Estimator, National Concrete & Masonry Estimator, National Earthwork & Heavy Equipment Estimator, National Electrical Estimator, National Framing & Finish Carpentry Estimator, National Home Improvement Estimator, National Painting Cost Estimator, National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator, National Renovation & Insurance Repair Estimator, National Repair & Remodeling Estimator, National Heavy Construction Estimator.