C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor Exam Prep
PASS THE C-5 TRADE EXAM. IT’S EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
- Commit to passing your California C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry exam. Prepare to pass at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-5 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately below)
Pass your C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-5 Framing Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-5 Framing exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry exam.
The most effective C-5 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Framing contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-5 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-5 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-5 Framing contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-5 (Trade Exam)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-5 Framing Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-5 FRAMING LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-5 Framing contractor license exam. Topics include Materials and Hardware, Accessibility, Wood and Metal Framing, Wood Shear Walls, Trusses, Roofing, Formwork & Fences. The manual includes brief summaries from the California Building Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Framing and Rough Carpentry Review Questions.
The C-5 Framing Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-5 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-5 Framing exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-5 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION:
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-5 Framing course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY TRADE EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 20% of C-5 Exam
- Project planning
- Blueprints, specifications, and shop/field drawings
Section 2. Structural Framing – 37% of C-5 Exam
- Load and span
- Shear and diaphragm
- Structural hardware
- Wood and metal framing
Section 3. General Framing – 21% of C-5 Exam)
- Flashing and weatherproofing
- Siding, roofing, and flooring
- Doors, windows, and stairs
- Fences, decks, porches, and gazebos
- Squaring and leveling
- Access and ventilation
Section 4. Safety – 22% of C-5 Exam
- Cal/OSHA requirements
- EPA and AQMD regulations
- Asbestos and environmental hazards
- Transportation and traffic control
*Percentages are approximate
C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the General (B) Building exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
2019 California Building Code. Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452.
2019 California Residential Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
Complete Book of Framing: An Illustrated Guide for Residential Construction. Wiley.
PHONE: (877) 762-2974
Modern Carpentry. Goodheart-Willcox.
PHONE: (800) 323-0440
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
Publisher information is current as of 9/19
CSLB SCOPE FOR THE C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY CONTRACTOR CLASSIFICATION
A C-5 framing and rough carpentry contractor performs any formwork, framing, or rough carpentry necessary to construct framed structures; installs or repairs individual components of framing systems; and performs any rough carpentry or associated work, including but not limited to the construction or installation of sub-flooring, siding, exterior staircases and railings, overhead doors, roof decking, truss members, and sheathing.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing. However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-5 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-5 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.