C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor
Passing The C-5 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-5 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-5 Framing Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule, Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-5 Framing exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry exam.
The most effective C-5 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Framing contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-5 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-5 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-5 Framing contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CD’s DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-5 FramingContractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-5 FRAMING LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-5 Framing contractor license exam. Topics include Materials and Hardware, Accessibility, Wood and Metal Framing, Wood Shear Walls, Trusses, Roofing, Formwork & Fences. The manual also includes brief summaries from the California Building Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Framing and Rough Carpentry Review Questions.
The C-5 Framing Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-5 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-4 Boiler exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-5 and Title 8 Health and Safety updates, list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-5 Framing course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 20% of C-5 Exam
- Project planning
- Blueprints, specifications, and shop/field drawings
Section 2. Structural Framing – 37% of C-5 Exam
- Load and span
- Shear and diaphragm
- Structural hardware
- Wood and metal framing
Section 3. General Framing – 21% of C-5 Exam)
- Flashing and weatherproofing
- Siding, roofing, and flooring
- Doors, windows, and stairs
- Fences, decks, porches, and gazebos
- Squaring and leveling
- Access and ventilation
Section 4. Safety – 22% of C-5 Exam
- Cal/OSHA requirements
- EPA and AQMD regulations
- Asbestos and environmental hazards
- Transportation and traffic control
*Percentages are approximate
C-5 FRAMING & ROUGH CARPENTRY EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the General (B) Building exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
2019 California Residential Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
Publisher information is current as of 9/19
OFFICIAL CSLB CLASSIFICATION: C-5 Framing & Rough Carpentry Contractor.
A C-5 framing and rough carpentry contractor performs any formwork, framing, or rough carpentry necessary to construct framed structures; installs or repairs individual components of framing systems, and performs any rough carpentry or associated work, including but not limited to the construction or installation of sub-flooring, siding, exterior staircases and railings, overhead doors, roof decking, truss members, and sheathing.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA. LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractors’ license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-5 Exam.