C-8 Concrete Contractor Exam
Passing the C-8 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your C-8 Contractor exam. Prepare at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS! “
- Apply to the CSLB. We help you correctly fill out your C-8 Contractor License Application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-8 Concrete Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-8 Concrete Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-8 Concrete exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-8 Concrete exam.
The most effective C-8 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Concrete contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-8 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-8 Concrete contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-8 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-8 Concrete contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-8 Concrete
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-8 CONCRETE CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-8 Concrete Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-8 CONCRETE LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-8 Concrete Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-8 Concrete contractor license exam. Topics include Concrete, Classifications of Mixes, Admixtures, Reinforcement, Formwork, Placing Concrete, Finishing, Curing, Repairs, Accessibility, Architectural Scale, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Concrete Review Questions.
The C-8 Concrete Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-8 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-8 Concrete exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-8 CONCRETE ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our C-8 and Title 8 Health & Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-8 Concrete course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C8 Concrete exam is broken down into five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (28% of C8 Exam)
- Planning concrete projects
- Estimating concrete projects
Section 2. Pre-placement Preparation (28% of C8 Exam)
- Demolition, grading, and excavating
- Layout and forming
- Installing drains and moisture barriers
- Installing reinforcement and embedded items
Section 3. Placing and Finishing (19% of C8 Exam)
- Placing concrete
- Applying finishes
- Curing and testing
Section 4. Post-placement Tasks (8% of C8 Exam)
- Applying stains and sealers
- Stripping forms; repairing, grouting, and caulking concrete
Section 5. Safety (17% of C8 Exam)
- Employee safety
- Job site safety
*Percentages are approximate
C-8 Concrete exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Concrete Contractor exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
2019 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
2019 California Residential Code. Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
Concrete in Practice. National Ready Mixed Concrete Association.
Phone: (888) 846-7622
Concrete Repair and Maintenance Illustrated. Emmons, Peter H. RS Means.
Phone: (800) 334-3509
Construction Best Management Practices Handbook. California Stormwater Quality Association.
Phone: (650) 366-1042
The Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction. Kennedy, Lindsay K. American Society of Concrete Contractors.
Phone: (314) 962-0210
Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, 17th edition. Portland Cement Association.
Phone: (800) 868-6733
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Underground Service Alert Guidelines. California Government Code 4216 and California Business & Professions Code 7110.
Phone: (800) 642-2444 or (800) 422-4133
*Publisher information is current as of 6/22
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-8 Concrete Contractor.
C-8 concrete contractor forms, pours, places, finishes and installs specified mass, pavement, flat, and other concrete work; and places and sets screeds for pavements or flatwork. This class shall not include contractors whose sole contracting business is the application of plaster coatings or the placing and erecting of steel or bars for the reinforcing of mass, pavement, flat and other concrete work.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-5 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-8 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.