C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor Exam
Passing The C-23 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-23 Ornamental Metal exam. Prepare for the exam ONLINE; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-23 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-23 Ornamental Metal exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-23 Fencing exam.
The most effective C-23 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Ornamental Metal contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-23 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-23 Ornamental Metal contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-23 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-23 Ornamental Metal contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-23 Ornamental Metal
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-13 FENCING CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-23 ORNAMENTAL METAL LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-23 Ornamental Metal contractor license exam. Topics include Hardware, Equipment, Welding, Estimating, Summaries of the California Building Code, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Ornamental Metal Review Questions.
The C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-23 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-23 Ornamental Metal exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-23 ORNAMENTAL METAL ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: One final practice exam, timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-23 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-23 Ornamental Metal course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C23 Ornamental Metal exam consists of five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating (24% of C-23 Exam)
- Reviewing project information
- Designing ornamental metal products
- Evaluating job sites
- Preparing for fabrication
- Calculating Costs
Section 2. Fabrication (21% of C-23 Exam)
- Cutting Metals
- Building jigs
- Forming metals
- Welding & mechanical applications
Section 3. Installation (21% of C-23 Exam)
- Digging postholes and installing posts
- Fences, railings, and gates
- Staircases, stringers, and treads
- Miscellaneous products
Section 4. Finishes and Repairs (14% of C-23 Exam)
- Preparation and application
- Inspecting and repairing
Section 5. Safety (20% of C-23 Exam)
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Loading and transporting material
*Percentages are approximate
C23 Ornamental Metal exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2019 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
2019 California Fire Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
AWS A3.0 Standard Welding Terms and Definitions. American Welding Society.
PHONE: (800) 443-9353
California Vehicle Code. Department of Motor Vehicles.
Modern Welding. Goodheart-Willcox Company.
PHONE: (800) 323-0440
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2021. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Victor Cutting, Heating, and Welding Guide. Thermadyne Industries, Inc.
PHONE: (800) 426-1888
Welding Handbook, Volume 2, Welding Processes, Part 1. A. O’Brien, American Welding Society.
PHONE: (800) 443-9353
*Publisher information is current as of 6/21
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the Ornamental Metal Contractor.
A C23 ornamental metals contractor assembles, casts, cuts, shapes, stamps, forges, welds, fabricates, and installs sheet, rolled & cast brass, bronze, copper, cast iron, wrought iron, monel metal, stainless steel, and/or any other metal for the architectural treatment and ornamental decoration of structures. This classification does not include the work of a sheet metal contractor. (832.23 CCR)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-23 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-23 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.