C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor Exam Prep Course
Pass the C-23 Trade Exam: Easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Commit to passing your California C-23 Contractor exam. Prepare for your exam at home, on your own schedule. Utilize our multimedia resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Step 2: CSLB Application Assistance: We’re here to help you complete your C-23 contractor application correctly. Call us for personalized guidance and ensure a smooth application process.
Step 3: Study and Succeed – Proven Results: Our clients typically pass their trade exam on the first attempt. Your success is our goal. “Follow the Plan and Pass Your Exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately below)
Pass your C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor Exam:
Online Flexible Study Plan:
- Comprehensive Manual: Dive into our industry-leading C-23 Ornamental Metal contractor exam preparation manual.
- Master Multiple-Choice: Learn strategies to dominate multiple-choice exams.
- Multimedia Learning: Engage with audio and video content featuring industry experts on Math Review and Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Question Bank: Access hundreds of researched exam questions and answers.
- Interactive Tools: Use virtual flashcards and non-graded quizzes to reinforce key concepts.
- Online Practice Exams: Test your knowledge with online timed practice exams.
- First-Time Success: Aim to pass your C-23 Contractor exam on your first attempt.
🌟 The Most Effective Course in California at any price!
- Online Advantage: Our multimedia course allows you to study at your pace and is the most affordable method for passing the C-23 Contractor License Exam.
Hassle-Free Application Process:
- Paperwork Assistance: We’ll guide you through the CSLB application process.
- Expert Help: Email us for personalized assistance and a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the state. TLC is here to help to make your CSLB Application easier than ever!
- Pass Rate: Our students have a high success rate if they take our course to its entirety. If you have failed in the past, we are here to help increase that score with the latest updated information specific to your trade.
- Exam Scheduling: Once your application is approved and you are ready, schedule your exam through PSI. (Refer to the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more details. PSI – C-23 Ornamental Metal Candidate Information Bulletin
IT’S A FACT! When you read something, watch something, hear something, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
California C-23 Contractor (Trade Exam)
📝 Select Your Course Format:
Please choose the format that best suits your learning style & needs, & take advantage of our comprehensive study materials to prepare effectively for your C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor trade exam.
eCourse: Online Manual: (Read Only) + A/V & Testing:
- The Course is 100% Online
- Online Manual (not printable)
- Online A/V (Audio/Video)
- Online Practice Testing
or Printed Manual + Online A/V & Testing:
- Printed Manual
- Online A/V (Audio/Video)
- Online Practice Testing
or Printed Manual + CDs, DVDs, & Online Testing:
- Printed Manual
- CDs & DVDs
- Online Practice Testing
Included In Each Course Format:
Each of our C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor License Trade Exam Courses includes the following study materials as outlined below.
- Trade-Specific Manuals or eManuals: Comprehensive guides covering all relevant topics.
- Audio Lectures: Listen to expert insights and explanations.
- Video Lectures: Visualize key concepts through video content.
- Flash Card Mode: Test your knowledge with virtual flashcards.
- Online Practice Exams: Take multiple-timed practice exams.
📖 California C-23 Ornamental Metal Contractor Exam Trade Manual
The California C-23 Ornamental Metal exam manual briefly covers essential topics of the California C-23 exam’s trade section.
- Broad Coverage: This manual provides a concise overview of essential topics for the California C-23 Ornamental Metal exam’s trade section, including Hardware, Equipment, Welding, and Estimating.
- Code Summaries: Gain insights from summarized sections from the California Building Code and Title 8 Health & Safety Orders.
Inside The Study Guide:
- Math Review: Get a solid foundation with an introduction to construction math, covering estimating formulas, measurement units, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- General Trade Knowledge: This section provides the basic trade information needed to pass the C-23 Ornamental Metal trade exam.
- Health and Safety: Become familiar with Title 8 and other essential safety regulations and practices.
- C-23 Exam Review Questions: Read and understand each question and read every word of the explanation. The principle behind the question is your key to success.
🎧 Audio/Video Lectures
- Flexible Formats: Choose between streaming online audio & video files or opt for CDs & DVDs.
- Expert Instruction: Lectures include Math Formulas, Plans and Specifications, and Title 8 Health and Safety Orders.
⏱ Latest Online C-23 Study Questions and Online Practice Exams
- Randomized Questions: Keep your study sessions fresh and engaging via online flashcards.
- Progress Tracking: Know where you stand and what you’ve mastered.
- Exclude Mastered Questions: Focus only on what you need to learn.
Trade Practice Exams and Updated Questions:
- One Timed General Exam: This practice exam consists of 95 questions, allowing you to practice under timed conditions. *Includes an updated exam with the most current questions.
- Two Title 8 Health & Safety Tests: Each specialized test is to ensure you’re prepared for all aspects of the C-16 exam.
- Inclusive Trade Practice Questions: Each course includes practice questions complete with questions, answers, and in-depth explanations to deepen your understanding of trade concepts.
- Updated Questions: Stay current with the latest General Knowledge, Health & Safety questions, and trade-specific updates.
- Test & Expand Knowledge: Our questions are designed to test your existing knowledge and expand upon it through detailed explanations.
📞 Contractor Exam Application Assistance
- Free Form Review: Request a free review of your completed contractor exam application to ensure it’s error-free before you submit it to the state.
- Direct Assistance: All students enrolled in our C-23 Ornamental Metal course can call us at (866) 685-8564 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance in completing the application.
One-Year Unlimited Access
- All-Inclusive Resources: Gain unrestricted access to all online eManuals, audio/video materials, and practice exams.
- 365 Days of Access: Unlike other schools that limit you to 30, 90, or 180 days, we offer a full year of access to all online course materials, ensuring you have ample time to prepare.
The C23 Ornamental Metal Exam: Five Major Sections.
Section 1. Planning and Estimating (24%)
- Reviewing project information
- Designing ornamental metal products
- Evaluating job sites
- Preparing for fabrication
- Calculating Costs
Section 2. Fabrication (21%)
- Cutting Metals
- Building jigs
- Forming metals
- Welding & mechanical applications
Section 3. Installation (21%)
- Digging postholes and installing posts
- Fences, railings, and gates
- Staircases, stringers, and treads
- Miscellaneous products
Section 4. Finishes and Repairs (14%)
- Preparation and application
- Inspecting and repairing
Section 5. Safety (20%)
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Loading and transporting material
*Percentages are approximate
📚C-23 Ornamental Metal Exam Source Material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
California Vehicle Code. Department of Motor Vehicles.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2023. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 1/23
🔍CSLB Scope for the Ornamental Metal Contractor Classification:
California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
An ornamental metals contractor assembles, casts, cuts, shapes, stamps, forges, welds, fabricates, and installs sheet, rolled and cast, brass, bronze, copper, cast iron, wrought iron, monel metal, stainless steel, steel, and/or any other metal for the architectural treatment and ornamental decoration of structures. This classification does not include the work of a sheet metal contractor.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.