C-28 Lock & Security Equipment
Passing The C-28 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-28 Lock & Security Equipment exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-28 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-28 Lock & Security Systems Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-28 Lock & Security Systems Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-28 Lock & Security Systems exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-28 Lock & Security Systems exam.
The most effective C-28 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Lock & Security Systems contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-28 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-28 Lock & Security Systems contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-28 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-28 Lock & Security Systems contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-28 Lock & Security Systems
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-28 LOCK & SECURITY SYSTEMS CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-28 Lock & Security Equipment Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-28 LOCK & SECURITY SYSTEMS LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-28 Lock & Security Equipment Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-28 Lock & Security Equipment contractor license exam. Topics include California State Accessibility Standards, Fire Doors & Windows, Garage Door Openers, Fundamentals of Master Keying, Doors, Safes, Plan and Circuit Symbols, Basic Electrical Theory, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Electrical Review Questions.
The C-28 Lock & Security Equipment Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-28 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-28 Lock & Security Equipment exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-28 LOCK & SECURITY SYSTEMS ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-28 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-28 Lock & Security Equipment course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-28 TRADE EXAM CONSISTS OF SEVEN MAJOR SECTIONS
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (26% of C28 Exam)
- Plans and specifications
- Site survey
- System design
- Project and material costs
Section 2. Install, Repair, and Maintain Doors and Hardware (17% of C-28 Exam)
- Locks, hardware, and closing devices
- Exit devices
- Doors and frames
Section 3. Install, Repair, and Maintain Electronic Locking Systems (17% of C-28 Exam)
- Locking and operating hardware/software
- Controls, surveillance, and accessories
Section 4. Install, Repair, and Maintain Mechanical Locking Systems (24% of C-28 Exam)
- Lock cylinders
- Key generation
- Lock bypass
- Master key systems
Section 5. Install, Repair, Safes, Vaults, Security Containers, & Video Systems (4% of C-28 Exam)
- Safe installation and repair
- Vaults and other security containers
- Safe-deposit locks
- Drilling/penetrating safes
- Installing and repairing video systems
Section 6. Safety (12% of C-28 Exam)
- Protective gear
- Power tools and equipment
- Safely work in elevated areas
*Percentages are approximate
C-28 EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 2/22
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the Lock & Security Equipment Contractor.
A C28 Lock and Security Equipment contractor evaluates, sets up, installs, maintains, and repairs all doors and door assemblies, gates, locks and locking devices, panic and fire-rated exit devices, manual and automatically operated gate and door closures and releases, jail, and prison locking devices and permanently installed or built-in safes and vaults.
This classification includes but is not limited to master key systems, metal window guards, security doors, card activated, and electronic access control systems for control equipment, motion, and other types of detectors and computer systems for control and audit of control systems and other associated equipment.
Fire alarm systems are specifically not included in this section. (832.28 CCR)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-28 Exam.