C-4 Boiler Hot Water Heating & Steam Fitting Contractor Exam
Passing The C-4 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-4 Boiler, Hot Water Heating, & Steam Fitting Contractor exam. Prepare at HOME & on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-4 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-4 Boiler Hot Water Heating & Steam Fitting Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-4 Boiler and Steam Fitting Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule, Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-4 Boiler exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-4 Boiler Contractor exam.
The most effective C-4 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Boiler contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-4 Boiler Hot Water & Steam Fitting contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-4 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass the C-4 Boiler contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-4 Boiler, Hot Water, and Steam Fitting
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-4 BOILER HOT WATER HEATING & STEAM FITTING CONTRACTOR (TRADE EXAM)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CD’s, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-4 Boiler Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-4 BOILER LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-4 Boiler Hot Water Heating & Steam Fitting Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-4 Boiler contractor license exam. Topics include boilers, piping systems, linear expansion, safety valves, welding, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Boiler review questions.
The C-4 Boiler Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-4 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-4 Boiler exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-4 Boiler Hot Water Heating & Steam Fitting Trade Exam Online Practice Tools:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our Health and Safety update lists any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-4 Boiler course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-4 BOILER HOT WATER HEATING & STEAM FITTING EXAM CONTAINS FIVE MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 19% of C-4 Exam
- Plan boiler projects
- Estimate boiler projects
Section 2. Boiler System Removal, Preparation, and Installation – 33% of C-4 Exam
- Remove old boiler systems
- Prepare job site for new boiler systems
- Install new boiler systems
- Test and complete boiler systems
Section 3. Specialty Boiler Installation – 11% of C-4 Exam
- Commercial boiler systems
- Industrial boiler systems
- School and hospital boiler systems
- Residential hydronic boiler systems
Section 4. Boiler System Maintenance, Repair, and Retrofit – 15% of C-4 Exam
- Maintain boiler systems
- Repair boiler systems
- Retrofit boiler systems
Section 5. Safety – 22% of C-4 Exam
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Confined space work
- Dangerous materials
*Percentages are approximate
C-4 BOILER HOT WATER HEATING & STEAM FITTING EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the C-4 Boiler Contractor exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
*Publisher information is current as of 12/19
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-4 Boiler, Hot Water Heating & Steam Fitting Contractor.
A C-4 boiler, hot-water heating, and steam fitting contractor install services and repairs power boiler installations, hot-water heating systems, and steam fitting, including fire-tube and water-tube steel power boilers and hot-water heating low-pressure boilers, steam fitting and piping, fittings, valves, gauges, pumps, radiators, convectors, fuel oil tanks, fuel oil lines, chimneys, flues, heat insulation and all other equipment, including solar heating equipment, associated with these systems.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-4 Exam.