C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor Exam
PASS THE C-7 TRADE EXAM. IT’S EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
- Commit to passing your CA C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor exam. Prepare at HOME and on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
- Apply to the CSLB. We help you correctly fill out your C-7 Contractor License Application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on the 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor exam; it’s as simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to passing your C-7 Contractor exam. Study at HOME and on your schedule.
- Read our best in the industry C-7 exam preparation manual.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-answer multiple-choice exam.
- Engage with audio and video content featuring industry experts discussing construction math and Title 8 Health and Safety Rules.
- Access hundreds of researched exam questions and answers.
- Memorize key exam concepts with virtual flashcards and take non-graded practice quizzes.
- Verify your knowledge with full-length, timed tests that simulate the actual exam.
- PASS your C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor exam the first time you test.
Study Online! Our multimedia contractor course is your best and most affordable method to pass your C-7 Contractor Trade Exam!
The most effective C-7 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-7 Low Voltage Systems contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-7 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-7 Low Voltage exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-7 Low Voltage Systems
IT’s A FACT! When you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-7 LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Online A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-7 LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-7 Low Voltage Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-7 Low Voltage contractor license exam. Topics include Basic Electrical Theory, Plan and Circuit Symbols, Electrical Materials, Low Voltage Relay Circuit, Satellite Antenna Systems, First Aid, and Computer Networking and Fiber optics. The manual also includes brief summaries from the California Electrical Code and NFPA74. Title 8 Health and Safety Orders and Low Voltage Review Questions.
The C-7 Low Voltage Systems Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections:
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-7 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Title 8 and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-7 Low Voltage exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover specific trade exam knowledge, math formulas, and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-7 LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: The online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Four final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Title 8 Health & Safety tests. (Exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-7 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION:
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-7 Low Voltage course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-7 LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS EXAM CONTAINS SIX MAJOR SECTIONS
Section 1. Job Planning & Design – 19% of C-7 Exam
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Plan wire routes and equipment locations
- Compliance with codes and industry standards
- Knowledge of impact on other trades
- Integration of new and existing infrastructure
Section 2. Material Selection & Estimating – 18% of C-7 Exam
- Knowledge of materials and their applications
- Knowledge of different tools and equipment and their applications
- Estimate project costs and prepare for proposals
Section 3. Wire/Cable Installation & Termination – 11% of C-7 Exam
- Layout, install, and support pathways
- Knowledge of tools and methods of termination
- Placement and termination of wires/cables
- Knowledge of labeling schemes for wires/cables
Section 4. Systems Configuration and Installation – 15% of C-7 Exam
- Install equipment room components
- Install satellite, CCTV, telephone, data, instrumentation, battery (backup), audio-video, and fiber optic systems.
- Install building automation
- IP networking and VoIP configuration
Section 5. Testing and Project Closeout – 12% of C-7 Exam
- Tools and methods used to test the functioning of low-voltage equipment
- Project closeout, documentation, and training
Section 6. System Troubleshooting and/or Repair or Replacement – 8% of C-7 Exam
- Troubleshoot various problems and make repairs/replacements
Section 7. Safety – 17% of C-7 Exam
- CAL/OSHA regulations
- Identification of worksite hazards
- Safe work practices
*Percentages are approximate
C-7 LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Low Voltage exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
2022 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
2022 California Electrical Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. BNI Publications, Inc.
PHONE: (888) 264-2665.
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
ANSI/CEA/CEDIA/InfoComm Standard: Audio, Video, and Control Architectural Drawing Symbols Standard. ANSI-J-STD-710 (CEA/CEDIA-2039). 2015. Consumer Electronics Association/Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association/InfoComm International.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2023. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
*Publisher information current as of 1/23
SCOPE OF THE C-7 LOW VOLTAGE CONTRACTOR CLASSIFICATION
A C-7 communication and low voltage contractor installs, services, and maintains all types of communication and low voltage systems which are energy limited and do not exceed 91 volts. These systems include but are not limited to telephone systems, sound systems, cable television systems, closed-circuit video systems, satellite dish antennas, instrumentation and temperature controls, and low-voltage landscape lighting. Low-voltage fire alarm systems are specifically not included in this section.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
📚 Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-7 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-7 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.