C46 Solar Contractor Exam
Passing The C-46 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-46 Solar exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-46 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
Pass your Solar Contractor exam; It’s easy as 123!
One: Commit to becoming a California C-46 Solar Contractor, prepare to pass at HOME on your schedule, Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best-in-the-industry C46 license study guide
- Listen as industry professionals review answers you MUST know.
- Watch instructors review key parts of the C46 Solar manual.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C46 Solar Contractor exam.
The most effective contractors’ exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Solar Contractor course is your best, most affordable method to pass your C-46 Contractor License Exam!
Two: Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you properly fill out your original C-46 Solar Contractors exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a properly filled solar contractor application to the CSLB has never been easier!
Three: Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores & pass their C-46 Solar contractors’ license exams.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-46 Solar
IT’s A FACT! When you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-46 SOLAR CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-46 Solar Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-46 SOLAR LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-46 Solar Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-46 Solar Contractor license exam. Topics include Energy Conservation, Solar Space Heating and Cooling, Solar Domestic Hot Water Heating (DHW) Systems, Photovoltaic Power Systems, and Basic Electrical Theory. The C-46 Manual also includes summaries of the California Electrical Code, California Plumbing Code, California Mechanical Code, California Building Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Solar Review Questions.
The C-46 Solar Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-46 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-46 Solar exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-46 SOLAR ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcards track your history and also allow you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our C-46 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-46 Solar course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C-46 Solar Exam has Six major sections,
Section 1. Planning and Estimating (14% C-46 of Exam)
- Evaluate client needs and site feasibility
- Design & engineering system
- Interpret plans
- Estimate job cost
Section 2. Solar Panel/Collector Installation (17% of C-46 Exam)
- Install roof mount collectors
- Install ground-mount collectors
- Make weatherproof penetrations
Section 3. Photovoltaic (PV) System Installation (28% of C-46 Exam)
- Install basic PV systems
- Install energy storage systems (ESS)
- Interface with the utility grid
- Install standalone PV systems
- Label PV components
- System testing, configuration, and monitoring; educating the client
Section 4. Solar Thermal Installation (7% of C-46 Exam)
- Install hot water systems
- Install pool heating systems
Section 5. Service and Maintenance (15% of C-46 Exam)
- Evaluate PV systems
- Evaluate thermal systems
- Repair and replace components
Section 6. Safety (19% of C-46 Exam)
- Protect the public from safety hazards
- Identify and correct unsafe working conditions
- Handle hazardous materials
*Percentages are approximate
C-46 Solar Exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the General Engineering exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc
2022 California Plumbing Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAMPO).
PHONE: (909) 472-4100
California Solar Initiative. California Public Utilities Commission
Solar Programs. California Energy
Solar Research. National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2023. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666.
*Publisher information is current as of 4/23
C-46 – Solar Contractor – California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A solar contractor installs, modifies, maintains, and repairs thermal and photovoltaic solar energy systems. A licensee classified in this section shall not undertake or perform building or construction trades, crafts, or skills, except when required to install a thermal or photovoltaic solar energy system.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
📚 Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-46 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-46 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.