C-36 Plumbing Contractor Exam
PASS THE C36 TRADE EXAM. IT’S AS EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
- Commit to passing your C-36 Plumbing exam. Prepare at HOME and on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-36 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-36 Plumbing Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-36 Plumbing Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-36 Plumbing exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-36 Plumbing exam.
The most effective C-36 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-36 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-36 Plumbing contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-36 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-36 Plumbing contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-36 Plumbing
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-36 PLUMBING CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-36 Plumbing Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-36 PLUMBING LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-36 Plumbing Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-36 Plumbing contractor license exam. Topics include Tools and Materials, Soldering and Brazing, Oxyacetylene Welding, Drainage, Vents, and Traps, Water Heaters, Storm Drainage, Medical Gas and Vacuum Systems, Private Sewage Disposal Systems, summaries from the California Electrical Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Electrical Review Questions.
The C-36 Plumbing Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-36 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-36 Plumbing exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-36 PLUMBING ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Five final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-36 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-36 Plumbing course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C36 Plumbing Exam has five major sections
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (22% of C36 Exam)
- Scope of work and code compliance
- Pipe sizing and venting requirements
- Shop drawings, plans, and specifications
- Job site inspections
- Coordination of projects
- Water conservation
- Cost estimation for materials, equipment,
- labor, and overhead
Section 2. Rough-in and Top-out Plumbing Systems (24% of C36 Exam)
- Excavation and underground installations
- Piping layout and installation
- Fuel gas piping
- Insulation and system testing
Section 3. Finish Plumbing Installations (18% of C36 Exam)
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Water heaters
- Shut-off valves
- Specialty installations
- Industrial and commercial piping and sanitary systems
Section 4. Service, Repair, and Remodel Plumbing Systems (19% of C36 Exam)
- Troubleshooting plumbing issues
- Isolating leaks and damage
- Repairing plumbing
- Retrofitting plumbing
- Disposal of plumbing materials
Section 5. Safety (17% of C36 Exam)
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Environmental safety
*Percentages are approximate
C-36 Plumbing exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the cabinet, millwork & finish carpentry exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 12/22
Official CSLB Description of Duties for a C-36 Contractor.
California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A plumbing contractor provides a means for a supply of safe water, ample in volume and of suitable temperature for the purpose intended and the proper disposal of fluid waste from the premises in all structures and fixed works. This classification includes but is not limited to:
(a) Complete removal of waste from the premises or the construction and connection of on-site waste disposal systems;
(b) Piping, storage tanks and venting for a safe and adequate supply of gases and liquids for any purpose, including vacuum, compressed air and gases for medical, dental, commercial and industrial uses;
(c) All gas appliances, flues and gas connections for all systems including suspended space heating units. This does not include forced warm air units;
(d) Water and gas piping from the property owner’s side of the utility meter to the structure or fixed works;
(e) Installation of any type of equipment to heat water, or fluids, to a temperature suitable for the purposes listed in this section, including the installation of solar equipment for this purpose; and
(f) The maintenance and replacement of all items described above and all health and safety devices such as, but not limited to, gas earthquake valves, gas control valves, back flow preventers, water conditioning equipment and regulating valves.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-36 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-36 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.