C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor Exam
Passing The C-2 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor exam. Prepare for the exam at HOME and on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-2 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-2 – Insulation & Acoustical Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to passing your Insulation Contractor license exam. Study at HOME and on your schedule. Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, and PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-2 exam preparation manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your California C-2 insulation Contractor exam.
The most effective C-2 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Insulation contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-2 insulation Contractor License application has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass the C-2 Insulation contractor exams.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL TILE CONTRACTOR (TRADE EXAM)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CD’s DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-2 Insulation Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-2 INSULATION LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-2 Insulation Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-2 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio and Video files or CDs & DVDs summarizes the printed manual’s Health and Safety section. Recorded lectures walk students through our math review and the Health and Safety Lectures.
C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Trade Exam Online Practice Tools:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our Health and Safety update, listing any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-2 Insulation course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL TRADE EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating – 25% of C-2 Exam
- Interpreting Plans and Specifications
Section 2. Acoustical – 30% of C-2 Exam
- Ceiling Grid
- Roof Framing
- Acoustical Tile and Wall Panels
Section 3. Insulation – 30% of C-2 Exam
- Site Preparation and Blow-in Applications
- Insulation Preparation
- Batt, Rigid Board, and Radiant Barrier Applications
Section 4. Safety – 15% of C-2 Exam
- Personnel Safety
- Job Site Safety
*Percentages are approximate
C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
ASTM E580/E580M-17 Standard Practice for Installation of Ceiling Suspension Systems for Acoustical Tile and Lay-in Panels in Areas Subject to Earthquake Ground Motions.
Phone: (877) 909-2786.
Ceiling Systems Handbook. Ceilings and Interior Systems Contractors Association.
Phone: (630) 584-1919.
IR 25-2.13 Metal Suspension Systems for Lay-in Panel Ceilings: 2013 CBC. California Department of General Services, Division of the State Architect.
Phone: (916) 445-8100.
Free Access: www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/publications
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
*Publisher information is current as of 2/20
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the Insulation & Acoustical Contractor.
C-2 insulation and acoustical contractor installs any insulating media and pre-formed architectural acoustical materials for the purpose of temperature and/or sound control.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-2 Exam.