C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor Exam
PASS THE C-2 TRADE EXAM. IT’S EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
- Commit to passing your California C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor exam. Prepare for the exam at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We help you correctly fill out your C-2 Contractor License Application. Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor exam; it’s as simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to passing your C-2 Contractor exam. Study at HOME and on your schedule.
- Read our best in the industry C-2 exam preparation manual.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-answer multiple-choice exam.
- Engage with audio and video content featuring industry experts discussing construction math and Title 8 Health and Safety Rules.
- Access hundreds of researched exam questions and answers
- Memorize key exam concepts with virtual flashcards and take non-graded practice quizzes
- Verify your knowledge with full-length, timed tests that simulate the actual exam.
- PASS your C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile contractor exam the first time you test.
Study Online! Our multimedia contractor course is your best and most affordable method to pass your C-2 Contractor Trade Exam!
The most effective C-2 contractor trade exam course available in California at ANY price!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-2 insulation contractor license application has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-2 Insulation and Acoustical Tile Contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile
IT’s A FACT. When you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL TILE CONTRACTOR (TRADE EXAM)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-2 Insulation Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-2 INSULATION LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-2 contractor license exam. Topics include Insulation Principles, Insulating Materials, Energy Conservation Standards, Acoustics, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and C-2 Trade Exam review questions.
The C-2 Insulation Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections:
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-2 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Title 8 and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio and Video files or CDs & DVDs summarizes the printed manual’s Health and Safety section. Recorded lectures walk students through our math review and the Health and Safety Lectures.
C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL TILE TRADE EXAM ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Title 8 Health & Safety tests. (Exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our Health and Safety update lists any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-2 Insulation course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE-YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To all online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions, & Simulated Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools to charge you extra for extended access to study materials.
THE C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL TRADE EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating – 25% of C-2 Exam
- Interpreting Plans and Specifications
Section 2. Acoustical – 30% of C-2 Exam
- Ceiling Grid
- Roof Framing
- Acoustical Tile and Wall Panels
Section 3. Insulation – 30% of C-2 Exam
- Site Preparation and Blow-in Applications
- Insulation Preparation
- Batt, Rigid Board, and Radiant Barrier Applications
Section 4. Safety – 15% of C-2 Exam
- Personnel Safety
- Job Site Safety
*Percentages are approximate
C-2 INSULATION & ACOUSTICAL EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
ASTM E580/E580M-17 Standard Practice for Installation of Ceiling Suspension Systems for Acoustical Tile and Lay-in Panels in Areas Subject to Earthquake Ground Motions.
Phone: (877) 909-2786.
Ceiling Systems Handbook. Ceilings and Interior Systems Contractors Association.
Phone: (630) 584-1919.
IR 25-2.13 Metal Suspension Systems for Lay-in Panel Ceilings: 2013 CBC. California Department of General Services, Division of the State Architect.
Phone: (916) 445-8100.
Free Access: www.dgs.ca.gov/dsa/publications
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
*Publisher information is current as of 12/22
SCOPE OF THE C-4 INSULATION AND ACOUSTICAL CONTRACTOR CLASSIFICATION.
C-2 insulation and acoustical contractor installs any insulating media and pre-formed architectural acoustical materials for the purpose of temperature and/or sound control.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
📚 Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
📈 Assess Your Readiness for the C-2 Insulation & Acoustical Tile Exam
- Strong Start: You’re on the right track if you can correctly answer seven or more C-2 questions without guessing.
- Risk of Failing: Missing three or more questions indicates that you may need more preparation for the TRADE portion of the C-2 Exam.
📞 We Want to Hear from You
- Found it Helpful?: We’d love to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful.
- Maximize Your Preparation: Imagine accessing hundreds of researched C-2 exam questions and answers, in-depth explanations, virtual flashcards, non-graded practice quizzes, and timed practice exams.
- Free Consultation: Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation to discuss how we can help you succeed.
Use this initial test to gauge your readiness, and consider reaching out to us for a comprehensive study package that can significantly boost your chances of passing the C-2 Exam.