C51 Structural Steel Contractors Exam
Passing The C-51 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam. Prepare to pass at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-51 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law and Business Exam. (sold separately below)
Pass your C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-51 Structural Steel Contractor with help from TLC. Study at HOME, on your schedule.
- Read our best in the industry C-51 Structural Steel exam preparation manual.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-answer multiple-choice exam.
- Watch industry experts review via Audio & Video General Exam Knowledge, Construction Math, and Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Access hundreds of researched exam questions and answers.
- Take non-graded Practice Quizzes.
- Memorize key exam concepts with virtual flashcards.
- Verify your knowledge with simulated Full-length, Timed Exams
- PASS your C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam the first time you test.
The most effective C-51 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Structural Steel contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-51 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Submit your Application to the CSLB. We will help you with the paperwork.! New online tools help you correctly fill out your original C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam application. Call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-51 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-51 Structural Steel
IT’s A FACT! When you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-51 STRUCTURAL STEEL CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-51 Structural Steel Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-51 STRUCTURAL STEEL STEEL LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-51 Structural Steel Contractor license exam. Topics include Designation of Steel Members, Rigging, Steel, Fasteners, Welding, Trusses, and Cranes and Derricks, summaries of the California Building Code, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Review Questions.
The C-51 Structural Steel Contractor exam manual contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, and elementary geometry.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-51 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-51 Structural Steel exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-51 STRUCTURAL STEEL ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: The online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (Exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-51 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-51 Structural Steel course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools to charge you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C-51 Exam has five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (20% of C51 Exam)
- Reviewing plans and specifications
- Conducting site visits
- Coordinating with other trades
- Estimating equipment and material
Section 2. Job Preparation (15% of C51 Exam)
- Developing drawings
- Storing material
- Determining placement of material
Section 3. Shop Fabrication (20% of C51 Exam)
- Processing material
- Creating holes and slots in material
- Cleaning and priming members
- Loading and transporting material
Section 4. Field Erection (20% of C51 Exam)
- Erecting and securing material
- Installing beams and trusses
- Installing high-strength bolts
- Finishing joints and connections
Section 5. Safety (25% of C51 Exam)
- Working in elevated areas
- Hoisting and rigging
- Correcting safety hazards
- Operating lift equipment
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Percentages are approximate
C-51 Structural Steel exam source material
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Insulation & Acoustical exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
California Vehicle Code. Department of Motor Vehicles.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666.
*Publisher information is current as of 12/22
C-51 Structural Steel Contractor – California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A structural steel contractor fabricates and erects structural steel shapes and plates of any profile, perimeter, or cross-section that are or may be used as structural members for buildings and structures, including the riveting, welding, rigging, and metal roofing systems necessary to perform this work.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-51 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-51 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.