C-9 Drywall Contractor Exam
Passing The C-9 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-9 Drywall Contractor exam. Prepare to pass the exam at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We help you correctly fill out your C-9 Contractor License Application. Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-9 Drywall Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-9 Drywall Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-9 Drywall exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-9 Drywall exam.
The most effective C-9 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Drywall contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-9 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-9 Drywall contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-9 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-9 Drywall contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-9 Drywall
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-9 DRYWALL CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-9 Drywall Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-9 DRYWALL LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-9 Drywall Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-9 Drywall contractor license exam. Topics include Tools and Materials, Preparation, Attaching Drywall to Wood or Metal Framing, Semisolid and Solid Partitions, Metal Door Framing, Joint and Surface Treatments, Repairs in Drywall, Fire Resistance, Sound Control, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Drywall Review Questions.
The C-9 Drywall Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-9 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-9 Drywall exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover our drywall exam manual review, Math Formulas, and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-9 DRYWALL ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our C-9 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-9 Drywall course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C9 Drywall exam contains five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating (20% of C-9 Exam)
- Evaluate plans and specifications
- Estimate and perform mathematical calculations
- Evaluate material specifications
Section 2. Preparing for Installation (14% of C-9 Exam)
- Evaluate job site readiness
- Manage materials on the job site
- Layout various assembly types
- Install metal framing systems
- Install backing
Section 3. Install Drywall, Ceilings, and Related Materials (28% of C-9 Exam)
- Install various ceiling assemblies
- Install standard wallboard assemblies
- Install fire-rated wallboard assemblies
- Install specialty wallboard assemblies
- Install trims
- Repair damaged drywall systems
- Follow EPA and CalGreen requirements for waste disposal/recycling
Section 4. Finishing (22% of C-9 Exam)
- Select and mix various compounds
- Prepare and tape surfaces
- Finish and coat surfaces
- Sand and sponge wallboard
- Select the level of finish
- Texture surfaces
Section 5. Safety (16% of C-9 Exam)
- Apply personal safety procedures
- Apply job site safety procedures
- Operate tools and equipment safely
- Handle and dispose of products safely
- Work safely at elevated heights
*Percentages are approximate
The C-9 Drywall exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Drywall Contractor exam. California codebooks are viewable online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 12/19
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-9 Drywall Contractor
A C-9 drywall contractor lays out and installs gypsum wallboard and gypsum wallboard assemblies, including nonstructural metal framing members, and performs the taping and texturing operations, including the application of compounds that adhere to wall board to produce a continuous smooth or textured surface.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-9 Exam.