C-35 Lathing & Plastering Exam
PASS THE C35 TRADE EXAM. IT’S AS EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
Commit to passing your CA C-35 Lathing & Plastering exam. Prepare at HOME & on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-35 application! Call us for assistance.
Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-35 Lathing & Plastering exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-35 Lathing & Plastering exam.
The most effective C-35 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-35 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-35 Construction Zone Traffic Control contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-35 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-35 Construction Zone Traffic Control contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-35 Lathing & Plastering
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-35 LATHING & PLASTERING CONTRACTOR (Trade Exam)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-35 LATHING & PLASTERING EXAM MANUAL:
The C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-35 Lathing & Plastering contractor license exam. Topics include Plaster Materials, Mixing Plaster, Applying Plaster, and Estimating Plastering Materials, Summaries of the Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Traffic Control Review Questions.
The C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor Exam Manual contains the following sections:
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-35 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-35 Lathing & Plastering exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-35 LATHING & PLASTERING ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our C-35 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-35 Lathing & Plastering course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C35 Exam has four major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (18% of Exam)
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Estimate material, equipment, and labor
- Job site inspections
Section 2. Lath Preparation and Installation (22% of Exam)
- Coordinate lath and plaster installation
- Prepare substrates
- Install lathing materials
- Seal penetrations
Section 3. Plaster/Stucco Preparation, Installations, and Repairs (40% of Exam)
- Mix and apply scratch and brown coats
- Install plaster/stucco systems
- Repair plaster/stucco installations
- Install specialty plaster/stucco installations
- Clean up job sites
Section 4. Safety (20% of Exam)
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Cal/OSHA laws and regulations
- Personnel protective equipment
*Percentages are approximate
C-35 Lathing & Plastering exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Lathing & Plastering exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2022 California Residential Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 1/23
Official CSLB Description of Duties for a C-35 Lathing & Plastering Contractor.
California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
(a) A lathing and plastering contractor coats surfaces with a mixture of sand, gypsum plaster, quick-lime or hydrated lime and water, or sand and cement and water, or a combination of such other materials that create a permanent surface coating, including coatings for the purpose of soundproofing and fireproofing. These coatings are applied with a plasterer’s trowel or sprayed over any surface, which offers a mechanical means for the support of such coating and will adhere by suction. This contractor also installs lath (including metal studs) or any other material prepared or manufactured to provide a base or bond for such coating.
(b) A lathing and plastering contractor also applies and affixes wood and metal lath or any other material prepared or manufactured to provide key or suction bases for the support of plaster coatings. This classification includes the channel work and metal studs for the support of metal or any other lathing material and for solid plaster partitions.
(c) Effective January 1, 1998, or as soon thereafter as administratively feasible, all C-26 licensees will be merged into the C-35 Lathing and Plastering classification. On and after January 1, 1998, no application for the C-26 classification will be accepted, and no new C-26 Lathing licenses will be issued.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-35 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-35 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.