C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor Exam
Passing The C-31 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control exam. Prepare for the exam at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-31 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control exam.
The most effective C-31 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-31 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-31 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-31 CONSTRUCTION ZONE TRAFFIC CONTROL CONTRACTOR (Trade Exam)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-31 CONSTRUCTION ZONE TRAFFIC CONTROL LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control contractor license exam. Topics include Temporary Traffic Control Elements, Channelizes & Barricades, Sign Installation, Portable Changeable Message Signs, Flashing Arrow Signs, Pavement Markings, Crash Cushions, Flagging, U.S. vs. Metric Units, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Traffic Control Review Questions.
The C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-31 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-31 CONSTRUCTION ZONE TRAFFIC CONTROL ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our C-31 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Trade Exam Consists of Four Major Sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (16% of C31 Exam)
- Designing traffic control plans
- Reading and evaluating plans to determine the scope of work
- Evaluating compliance with CA MUTCD and other regulations
- Estimating material, equipment, and labor costs
Section 2. Permits and Notifications (4% of C31 Exam)
- Verifying permits for traffic control projects
- Notifying the public and the appropriate agencies regarding traffic control
Section 3. Traffic Control Installation (56% of C31 Exam)
- Developing installation plans with contingencies
- Installing traffic control devices
- Procedures for flagging
- Inspecting and maintaining traffic control zones
- Removing traffic control devices
- Implementing lane closures
Section 4. Safety (24% of C31 Exam)
- Personal protective equipment
- Evaluating traffic control equipment
- Loading and securing equipment for transport
- Implementing safe environments and emergency procedures
*Percentages are approximate
C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Exam Source Material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the cabinet, millwork & finish carpentry exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways: Part 6. Temporary Traffic Control. 2021 Revision. The state of California, Department of Transportation, Caltrans.
PHONE: (916) 654-2852
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 1/23
Official CSLB Description of Duties for a C-31 Construction Zone Traffic Control Contractor.
California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A construction zone traffic control contractor prepares or removes lane closures, flagging, or traffic diversions, utilizing portable devices, such as cones, delineators, barricades, sign stands, flashing beacons, flashing arrow trailers, and changeable message signs, on roadways, including, but not limited to, public streets, highways, or any public conveyance.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059; Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-31 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-31 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.