C-42 Sanitation System Exam
Passing The C-42 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your C-42 Sanitary System exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your Contractor License Application at no additional cost. Call for assistance. “Spend Less & Pass Your Test.”
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt. “Follow the plan and pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately below)
Pass your C-42 Sanitation System Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-42 Sanitation System Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-42 Sanitation exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-42 Electrical exam.
The most effective C-42 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-42 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-42 Sanitation System contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-42 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-42 Sanitation contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-42 Sanitation System
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-42 SANITARY SYSTEM CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVDs & Online Testing
Our C-42 Sanitary System Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-42 SANITARY SYSTEM LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-42 Sanitary System Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-42 Sanitary contractor license exam. Topics include summaries of the California Plumbing Code and
Caltrans Standard Specifications, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Sanitary Systems Review Questions.
The C-42 Sanitary System Contractor exam manual contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-42 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
EXCAVATION & GRADING HANDBOOK, Revised. (REQUIRED TO PASS – Sold Separately)
The Excavation & Grading, Revised manual contains a comprehensive volume of excavating and grading knowledge. Includes photographs and diagrams illustrating how to perform the work.
The Excavation & Grading manual contains the following sections;
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: learn to read topographic (topo) maps, set crow’s feet, install water, drain, lay sewer pipes, or remove asphaltic concrete.
- The Excavation & Grading Manual covers about every difficulty you’ll find on a job site. It also includes procedures, essential job-sequencing techniques, and pointers for tight situations.
- Covers GPS – Global Positioning System – a time-saving survey and grade-control tool installed on most heavy equipment. It also includes the use of Sonar technologies for absolute precision.
- It covers the use of a laser level and how to cut drainage channels plus pressure-test sewer pipes.
The Excavation and Grading Handbook, Revised, is essential to the C-42 Sanitary System course. The Handbook and the accompanying lectures contain vital information for passing your C-42 exam.
(THE HANDBOOK IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY AS A TEXTBOOK & INTERACTIVE CD-R & SHIPPED VIA UPS)
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-42 Sanitary exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-42 SANITARY SYSTEM ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-42 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-42 Sanitary System course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools to charge you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The Sanitation Systems C42 examination is divided into five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (27% of C42 Exam)
- Planning sanitation systems
- Estimating sanitation systems
Section 2. Installation of New Septic Systems (26% of C42 Exam)
- Installing septic tanks
- Installing leachlines and seepage pits
- Testing and grading over septic systems
- Installing alternative treatment systems
- Specialty sanitation systems
Section 3. Maintenance, Repair, and Removal of Existing Septic Systems (10% of C42 Exam)
- Installing sewer laterals
- Maintaining and repairing existing sewer systems
Section 4. Installation, Maintenance, and Repair of Specialty Sanitation Systems Projects (10% of C42 Exam)
- Troubleshooting existing septic systems
- Removing or repairing existing septic systems
- Maintaining existing septic systems
Section 5. Safety (27% of C42 Exam)
- Employee training and safety
- Job site safety
Percentages are approximate
C-42 Sanitation Contractor exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Sanitation exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov.
2022 California Plumbing Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
PHONE: (909) 472-4100
A Builder’s Guide to Wells and Septics. The McGraw-Hill Companies.
PHONE: (877) 833-5524
Pipe and Excavation Contracting. Craftsman Book Company.
PHONE: (800) 829-8123
Residential Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems: An Operation and Maintenance Service Provider Program. A consortium of Institutes for Decentralized Wastewater Treatment.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Publisher information is current as of 11/22
A C42 Sanitation System contractor fabricates and installs cesspools, septic tanks, storm drains, and other sewage disposal and drain structures. This classification includes the laying of cast iron, steel, concrete, vitreous and non-vitreous pipe, and any other hardware associated with these systems.
Excavation & Grading Handbook Revised
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-42 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-42 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.