C-6 Cabinet Millwork and Finish Carpentry Contractor Exam
Passing The C-6 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-6 Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry. Prepare to pass at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-6 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-6 Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-6 Cabinet, and Millwork Contractor. Study at HOME, and on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-6 Finish Carpentry exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-6 Finish Carpentry exam.
The most effective C-6 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-6 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-6 Finish Carpentry contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-6 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-6 Finish Carpentry contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-6 Cabinet, Millwork & Finish Carpentry
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-6 CABINET, MILLWORK, AND FINISH CARPENTRY CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVDs & Online Testing
Our C-6 Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry Contractor License Trade Exam Course include the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-6 CABINET, MILLWORK, AND FINISH CARPENTRY LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-6 Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry Contractor exam manual cover the essential topics of the California C-6 Finish Carpentry contractor license exam. Topics include Veneer, Abrasives, Adhesives, Wood Joints, and Doors. The manual also includes brief summaries from the Woodworking Institute of California, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Cabinet, Millwork, and Finish Carpentry Review Questions.
The C-6 Cabinet and Finish Carpentry Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-6 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-6 Finish Carpentry exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-6 CABINET, MILLWORK, AND FINISH CARPENTRY ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Five final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 95 questions each.) Our C-66 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION:
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-6 Finish Carpentry course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C6 Cabinet, Millwork & Finish Carpentry Exam contains five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating (20% of C6 Exam)
- Planning cabinetry and millwork projects
- Estimating cabinetry and millwork projects
Section 2. Cabinetry and Millwork Fabrication (24% of C6 Exam)
- Milling cabinetry and millwork
- Assembling cabinetry and millwork
- Storing cabinetry and millwork
- Transporting cabinetry and millwork
Section 3. Insulation 25% of C6 Exam)
- Demolishing old cabinets
- Identifying possible hazardous materials
- Job site preparation
- Installing cabinets
- Finishing cabinets
Section 4. Millwork Installation (16% of C6 Exam)
- Installing millwork
- Installing stairs and mantels
- Refacing cabinets and millwork
- Installing windows and doors
Section 5. Safety (15% of C6 Exam)
- Personnel safety
- Job site safety
- Recycling and disposing of materials
*Percentages are approximate
C-6 Cabinet, Millwork & Finish Carpentry exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the cabinet, millwork & finish carpentry exam. California codebooks are online at https://www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc or purchased directly from the publishers.
2019 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452
Free Access: https://www.dgs.ca.gov/BSC/Codes
2019 California Green Building Standards Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
Phone: (800) 786-4452
LEAD Safety for Renovation, Repair, and Painting. Joint EPA-HUD Curriculum.
Free Access: www.epa.gov/LEAD
Modern Cabinetmaking. Umstattd, Davis & Molzahn.
North American Architectural Woodwork Standards. Woodwork Institute, Architectural Woodwork Institute, and Architectural Woodwork Manufacturers Association of Canada.
Phone: (916) 372-9943
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
Phone: (877) 626-2666
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub7.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub5.html
Free Access: https://www.dir.ca.gov/Title8/sub4.html
*Publisher information is current as of 5/22
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-6 Cabinet, Millwork & Finish Carpentry Contractor.
A cabinet, millwork, and finish carpentry contractor makes cabinets, cases, sashes, doors, trims, nonbearing partitions, and other “finish carpentry” by cutting, surfacing, joining, gluing, and fabricating wood or other products to provide a functional surface. This contractor also places, erects, and finishes such cabinets and millwork in structures.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-5 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-6 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.