C11 Elevator Contractor Exam
Passing The C-11 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-11 Elevator Contractor exam. Prepare to pass the exam at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-11 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-11 Elevator Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-11 Elevator Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-11 Elevator exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-11 Elevator exam.
The most effective C-11 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Elevator contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-11 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-11 Elevator contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-11 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-11 Elevator contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-11 Elevator
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-11 ELEVATOR CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-11 Elevator Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-11 ELEVATOR LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-11 Elevator Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-11 Elevator contractor license exam. Topics include Properties of Air and Water, Psychrometric Charts, Basic HVAC Formulas, Basic Electrical Formulas, Electrical & Insulating Materials, Soldering and Brazing, Electric Motors, Fuels & Refrigerants, Mechanical Refrigeration, Solar Energy, Plan & Circuit Symbols, Summaries from the California Mechanical Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Elevator Review Questions.
The C-11 Elevator Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-11 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-11 Elevator exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-11 ELEVATOR ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 90 questions each.) Our C-11 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-11 Elevator course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-11 ELEVATOR EXAM CONTAINS SIX MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 11% of C-11 Exam
- Plan conveyance projects
- Estimate conveyance projects
Section 2. Project Preparation – 5% of C-11 Exam
- Preliminary set-up and permitting
Section 3. Install and Modernize Elevators, Dumbwaiters, and Lifts – 22% of C-11 Exam)
- Disassembly and removal
- Installation of equipment in hoistways, pits, and machine rooms
- Install finishes
- Electrical adjusting and testing
Section 4. Install and Modernize Escalators and Moving Walks – 5% of C-11 Exam
- Removal, assembly, and installation
- Electrical adjusting and testing
Section 5. Conveyance Repair, Maintenance, and Service – 35% of C-11 Exam
- Maintenance of elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
- Service/trouble calls for elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
- Repair of elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
Section 6. Safety – 22% of C-11 Exam
- Employee safety
- Job site safety
Percentages are approximate
C-11 Elevator exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Elevator Contractor exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 12/19
OFFICIAL CSLB CLASSIFICATION: C-11 Elevator Contractor:
C-11 Elevator Contractor fabricates, erects, installs & repairs elevators, including ● sheave beams ● motors ● sheaves, cable and wire rope ● guides ● cab ● counterweights ● doors (including sidewalk elevator doors) ● automatic and manual controls ● signal systems ● and all other devices and equipment associated with efficient installation and operation of, electrical – hydraulic – and manually operated elevators. (832.11 CCR)
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-11 Exam.