C11 Elevator Contractor Exam
Passing The C-11 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-11 Elevator Contractor exam. Prepare to pass the exam at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-11 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-11 Elevator Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-11 Elevator Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-11 Elevator exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-11 Elevator exam.
The most effective C-11 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Elevator contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-11 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-11 Elevator contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-11 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-11 Elevator contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-11 Elevator
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-11 ELEVATOR CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-11 Elevator Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-11 ELEVATOR LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-11 Elevator Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-11 Elevator contractor license exam. Topics include Properties of Air and Water, Psychrometric Charts, Basic HVAC Formulas, Basic Electrical Formulas, Electrical & Insulating Materials, Soldering and Brazing, Electric Motors, Fuels & Refrigerants, Mechanical Refrigeration, Solar Energy, Plan & Circuit Symbols, Summaries from the California Mechanical Code, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Elevator Review Questions.
The C-11 Elevator Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-11 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-11 Elevator exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-11 ELEVATOR ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 90 questions each.) Our C-11 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-11 Elevator course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-11 ELEVATOR EXAM CONTAINS SIX MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 11% of C-11 Exam
- Plan conveyance projects
- Estimate conveyance projects
Section 2. Project Preparation – 5% of C-11 Exam
- Preliminary set-up and permitting
Section 3. Install and Modernize Elevators, Dumbwaiters, and Lifts – 22% of C-11 Exam)
- Disassembly and removal
- Installation of equipment in hoistways, pits, and machine rooms
- Install finishes
- Electrical adjusting and testing
Section 4. Install and Modernize Escalators and Moving Walks – 5% of C-11 Exam
- Removal, assembly, and installation
- Electrical adjusting and testing
Section 5. Conveyance Repair, Maintenance, and Service – 35% of C-11 Exam
- Maintenance of elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
- Service/trouble calls for elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
- Repair of elevators, dumbwaiters, lifts, escalators, and moving walks
Section 6. Safety – 22% of C-11 Exam
- Employee safety
- Job site safety
Percentages are approximate
C-11 Elevator exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Elevator Contractor exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2019 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
2019 Electrical Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. BNI Publications, Inc.
PHONE: (888) 264-2665
ASME A17.1 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators. 2004. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
PHONE: (800) 843-2763
ASME A17.2 Guide for Inspection of Elevators, Escalators, and Moving Walks. 2012. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
PHONE: (800) 843-2763
ASME A18.1 Safety Standard for Platform Lifts and Stairway Chairlifts. 2003. The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Elevator Industry Field Employees’ Safety Handbook. Elevator World, Inc.
PHONE: (251) 479-4514
Elevator Safety Orders. Title 8, Division 1, Chapter 4, Subchapter 6. Barclays Official California Code of Regulations.
PHONE: (800) 888-3600
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 12/19
OFFICIAL CSLB CLASSIFICATION: C-11 Elevator Contractor:
C-11 Elevator Contractor fabricates, erects, installs & repairs elevators, including ● sheave beams ● motors ● sheaves, cable and wire rope ● guides ● cab ● counterweights ● doors (including sidewalk elevator doors) ● automatic and manual controls ● signal systems ● and all other devices and equipment associated with efficient installation and operation of, electrical – hydraulic – and manually operated elevators. (832.11 CCR)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-11 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-11 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.