C12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor Exam
Passing The C-12 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your C-12 Earthwork & Paving exam. Prepare at HOME and on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-12 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately below)
Pass your C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-12 Earthwork and Paving Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-12 Earthwork exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-12 Earthwork & Paving exam.
The most effective C-12 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Earthwork & Paving contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-12 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-12 Earthwork & Paving contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-12 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-12 Earthwork & Paving contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-12 Earthwork & Paving
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-12 EARTHWORK & PAVING CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-12 EARTHWORK & PAVING LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-12 Earthwork & Paving contractor license exam. Topics include Estimating Quantities and summaries of CALTRANS Standard Specifications, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Elevator Review Questions.
The C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-12 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
EXCAVATION & GRADING HANDBOOK, Revised. (REQUIRED TO PASS – Sold Separately)
The Excavation & Grading, Revised manual contains a comprehensive volume of excavating and grading knowledge. Includes photographs and diagrams illustrating how to perform the work.
The Excavation & Grading manual contains the following sections;
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: learn to read topographic (topo) maps, set crow’s feet, install water, drain, lay sewer pipes, or remove asphaltic concrete.
- The Excavation & Grading Manual covers about every difficulty you’ll find on a job site. It also includes procedures, essential job-sequencing techniques, and pointers for tight situations.
- Covers GPS – Global Positioning System – a time-saving survey and grade-control tool installed on most heavy equipment. It also includes the use of Sonar technologies for absolute precision.
- It covers the use of a laser level and how to cut drainage channels plus pressure-test sewer pipes.
The Excavation and Grading Handbook, Revised, is essential to the C-12 Earthwork & Paving course. The Handbook and the accompanying lectures contain vital information for passing your C-12 exam.
(THE HANDBOOK IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY AS A TEXTBOOK & INTERACTIVE CD-R & SHIPPED VIA UPS)
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-12 Earthwork & Paving exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-12 EARTHWORK & PAVING ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Two final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our C-12 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-12 Earthwork & Paving course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C12 EARTHWORK & PAVING EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 23% of C12 Exam
- Plans and specifications
- Job site conditions
- Project layout
- Materials and equipment
Section 2. Earthwork and Grade Control – 35% of C12 Exam
- Grade control
- Soils and geology
- Excavation and trenching
- Fill and grading
Section 3. Paving – 22% of C12 Exam
- Roadways, driveways, and parking lots
- Specialty paving
- Demolition and pavement repair
- Related paving activities
Section 4. Safety – 20% of C12 Exam
- Job site safety
- Environmental impact
- Traffic control
*Percentages are approximate
C-12 Earthwork & Paving Exam Source Material.
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the earthwork & paving exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2019 California Building Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
The Asphalt Handbook: Manual Series No. 4. Asphalt Institute.
PHONE: (859) 288-4960
California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. 2019 revision. That Technical Bookstore, Inc.
PHONE: (916) 654-2852
Excavation and Grading Handbook, Revised. Craftsman Book Company.
PHONE: (800) 829-8123
Moving the Earth: The Workbook of Excavation. The McGraw-Hill Companies.
PHONE: (877) 833-5524
Permeable Interlocking Concrete Pavements. Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
PHONE: (703) 657-6900
Standard Plans, State of California Department of Transportation. CALTRANS.
PHONE: (916) 654-2852
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 11/19
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-12 Earthwork & Paving Contractor.
C-12 Earthwork and Paving contractor digs – moves – and places material forming the surface of the earth, other than water, in such a manner that a – cut – fill – excavation – grade – trench – backfill, or a tunnel (if incidental thereto) can be executed, including the use of explosives for these purposes. This classification includes the mixing – fabricating – and placing of paving and any other surfacing materials. (832.12 CCR)
Excavation & Grading Handbook Revised
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-12 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-12 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.