C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor Exam
Passing The C-15 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-15 Flooring and Floor Covering contractor exam. Prepare for the exam at HOME, on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-15 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass the exam on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-15 Flooring Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-15 Flooring exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-15 Flooring exam.
The most effective C-15 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Flooring contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-15 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-15 Flooring contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-15 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-15 Flooring contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-15 FLOORING & FLOOR COVERING CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-15 FLOORING & FLOOR COVERING LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering contractor license exam. Topics include Plans and Estimating, Jobsite Preparation, Carpet, Resilient Coverings, Laminate Floors, Hardwood Floors, Title 8 Health and Safety Orders, and Flooring & Floor Covering Review Questions.
The C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-15 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover General knowledge, Math Formulas, Title 8 Health & Safety lectures, and Review Questions.
C-15 FLOORING & FLOOR COVERING ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our C-15 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
the C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering exam contains seven major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimating – 20% of C-15 Exam
- Evaluating plans and specifications
- Evaluating material characteristics
- Performing job-related calculations
- Evaluating job site readiness
Section 2. Subfloor Evaluation and Preparation & Material Acclimation – 24% of C-15 Exam
- Removing existing flooring
- Evaluating and preparing subfloor for installation
- Testing subfloor for moisture
- Installing underlayments
- Material acclimation
Section 3. Carpet Installation – 10% of C-15 Exam
- Installing tack strip, cushions, and trim
- Cutting and laying out carpet
- Seaming and sealing carpet
- Installing carpet
- Installing and replacing moldings, etc.
Section 4. Resilient & Rubber Flooring Installation – 13% of C-15 Exam
- Cutting and laying out sheet goods for installation
- Using adhesives
- Rolling and sealing sheet goods
- Installing laminate, trim, and transitions
Section 5. Laminate Flooring Installation – 8% of C-15 Exam)
- Cutting and laying out laminates
- Installing laminate, trim, and transitions
Section 6. Wood Flooring Installation – 11% of C15 Exam
- Performing moisture tests
- Cutting and laying out wood
- Installing wood flooring and trim
- Filling and sanding wood
- Finishing wood
Section 7. Safety – 14% of C-15 Exam
- Applying personal safety procedures
- Applying job safety procedures
- Operating tools and equipment safely
- Safe handling and disposal of products
*Percentages are approximate
C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2021. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
*Publisher information is current as of 12/21
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the C-15 Flooring & Floor Covering Contractor.
C-15 Flooring and Floor Covering Contractor prepares any surface for the installation of flooring and floor coverings and installs carpet, resilient sheet goods, resilient tile, wood floors & flooring (including the finishing and repairing thereof), as well as any other materials established as flooring and floor covering material, except ceramic tile.
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-15 Exam.