C-38 Refrigeration Exam
Passing The C-38 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your C-38 Refrigeration exam. Prepare at HOME and on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-38 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-38 Refrigeration Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-38 Refrigeration Contractor. Study at HOME, & on your schedule; Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-38 Refrigeration exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-38 Refrigeration exam.
The most effective C-38 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-38 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-38 Refrigeration contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-38 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their 38 Refrigeration contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-38 Refrigeration
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-38 REFRIGERATION CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVDs & Online Testing
Our C-38 Refrigeration Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-38 REFRIGERATION LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-38 Refrigeration Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-38 Refrigeration contractor license exam. Topics include Basic Electrical Formulas, Electrical Materials,
Insulating Materials, Refrigerants, Refrigeration Materials & Tools, Mechanical Refrigeration Systems, Absorption Refrigeration Systems, Electrical Plan & Circuit Symbols, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Refrigeration Review Questions.
The C-38 Refrigeration Contractor exam manual contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-38 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-38 Refrigeration exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-38 REFRIGERATION ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Three final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our C-38 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-38 Refrigeration course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools to charge you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C38 Exam has five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (24% of Exam)
- Planning refrigeration projects
- Estimating refrigeration projects
Section 2. Installation of Refrigeration Systems (29% of Exam)
- Job site preparation
- Install refrigeration equipment
- Start-up refrigeration systems
- Install specialty refrigeration systems
Section 3. Repair of Refrigeration Systems (24% of Exam)
- Troubleshooting refrigeration systems
- Troubleshooting electrical problems
- Repairing refrigeration systems
Section 4. Repair of Refrigeration Systems (13% of Exam)
- Maintain refrigeration systems
- Documenting code compliance
Section 5. Safety (10% of Exam)
- Employee safety
- Job site safety
Percentages are approximate
C-38 Refrigeration exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the cabinet, millwork & finish carpentry exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
California Health & Safety Code.
Fundamentals of HVAC/R. Carter Stanfield & David Skaves. Pearson.
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2019. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Publisher information is current as of 12/19
C-38 refrigeration contractor constructs, fabricates, erects, installs, maintains, services & repairs refrigerators, refrigerated rooms, and insulated refrigerated spaces, temperature insulation, air-conditioning units, ducts, blowers, registers, humidity and thermostatic controls for the control of air, liquid and/or gas temperatures below fifty (50) degrees Fahrenheit, or ten (10) degrees Celsius.
Law & Business Exam
Pass the CA LAW & BUSINESS EXAM covering California contractor law, and pass the TRADE EXAM covering the trade you wish to practice.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
Which of the following hazards is the greatest concern when storing gas cylinders?
While planning to pour a footing requiring six yards, the contractor overestimated the job by one yard. How should the contractor handle the excess material?
How many 8” x 6” x 16” blocks are there in 20 lineal feet?
With the power on, what is the proper sequence when checking fuses on a 3-phase fused disconnect?
Where must the emergency control be installed for a refrigeration room?
A contractor is bidding to install a walk-in cooler and finds that the compressor costs $4,600 and the piping is $5.76/foot for 200 feet of pipe. If this is 40% of the contract, what is the contract’s total bid price?
Which of the following refrigerants is considered safer for the ozone?
What is most likely to happen if the AEV orifice is oversize?
What is most likely to happen if the thermostatic bulb is attached loosely to the suction line?
The shipping weight of a refrigeration unit is 20 tons and it is to be installed on the roof of a 20-story building. What is the best way to transport the unit to the roof if money is not a consideration?
Share your Results: