C-29 Masonry Exam
Passing The C-29 Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your California C-29 Masonry exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!“
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your C-29 application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan and pass your exam!“
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-29 Masonry Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-29 Masonry Contractor. Study for your exam at HOME, & on your schedule. Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-29 Masonry exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-29 Masonry exam.
The most effective C-29 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Masonry contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-29 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-29 Masonry contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-29 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-29 Masonry contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-29 Masonry
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-29 MASONRY CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-29 Masonry Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA 29 MASONRY LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-29 Masonry Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-29 Masonry contractor license exam. Topics include Masonry Unit Components, Masonry Types & Sizes, Mortar Ingredients & Types, Estimating, Reinforcing Steel, Arches, Summaries of the California Building Code, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Electrical Review Questions.
The C-29 Masonry Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-29 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-29 Masonry exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover General knowledge & Review Questions, Math Formulas, and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-29 MASONRY ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Five final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our C-29 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-29 Masonry course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-29 TRADE EXAM CONSISTS OF SEVEN MAJOR SECTIONS
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 12% of C-29 Exam
- Scope of work
- Identify and calculate material needs
- Identify and calculate labor and equipment needs
Section 2. Job Site Preparation – 24% of C-29 Exam
- Pre-construction activities
- Water management
- Reinforcement and bracing
- Job site preparation
Section 3. Masonry Wall and Building Installation & Repair – 16% of C-29 Exam
- Build CMU walls and buildings
- Repair and reconstruct historical masonry structures
- Build and repair retaining walls
- Clean masonry walls and buildings
Section 4. Decorative Masonry Installation & Repair -10% of C-29 Exam
- Install flatwork and staircases
- Install precast masonry
- Install glass block
- Repair and clean decorative masonry
Section 5. Masonry Veneer and Stone Installation & Repair – 8% of C-29 Exam
- Install adhered veneers
- Install anchored veneers
- Install dimensional stone veneers
- Repair and clean veneer installations
Section 6. Fireplace, Chimney, and Barbeque Installation & Repair – 11% of C-29 Exam
- Fireplace construction requirements
- Barbeque and fire pit construction requirements
Section 7. Safety – 19% of -C29 Exam
- Cal/OSHA safety requirements
- Elevated work
- Handling and fabrication of stone slabs
- Disposal of contaminated materials
* Percentages are approximate
C-29 EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Masonry exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2016 Building Code Requirements and Specifications for Masonry Structures. The Masonry Society.
PHONE: (303) 939-9700
2019 California Building Code. Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452.
2019 California Residential Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
Dimension Stone Design Manual. Natural Stone Institute.
PHONE: (440) 250-9222
Informational Guide to Grouting Masonry, 3rd Edition. Masonry Institute of America.
PHONE: (310) 257-9000
Masonry Design Manual. Masonry Institute of America.
PHONE: (310) 257-9000
Masonry Fireplace and Chimney Handbook. Masonry Institute of America.
PHONE: (310) 257-9000
Masonry Veneer. Masonry Institute of America.
PHONE: (310) 257-9000
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2015. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Vocational Skills Training for Segmental Paver Installation. Pave Tech, Inc.
PHONE: (800) 728-3832
*Publisher information is current as of 8/19
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the Masonry Contractor.
A C29 masonry contractor installs concrete units and baked clay products; concrete, glass, and clay block; natural and manufactured stone; terra cotta; and fire brick or other material for refractory work.
This classification includes the fabrication and installation of masonry component units for structural load-bearing and non-load-bearing walls for structures and fences installed with or without mortar; ceramic veneer (not tile) and thin brick that resembles full brick for facing; paving; and clear waterproofing, cleaning, and caulking incidental to masonry construction. (832.29 CCR)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-29 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-29 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.