C-29 Masonry Exam Prep Course.
Launch Your Success Journey in 3 Easy Steps!
Step 1: Own Your Future: Ready to conquer the California C-29 Masonry Contractor exam? With our flexible, self-paced learning system, you’ll have access to an unparalleled blend of resources. Whether you prefer to read, watch, listen, or engage interactively, we’ve got you covered. Start your path to triumph today!
Step 2: Smooth Sailing Through Application: Feel overwhelmed by the C-29 contractor application? Let us ease the stress. Our expert team provides one-on-one assistance, ensuring your application is flawless and filed without a hitch. Say goodbye to paperwork woes and hello to a seamless application experience!
Step 3: Master the Material, Nail the Exam: Join the ranks of our successful clients who often pass their trade exam on their first attempt. Our method isn’t just about preparation; it’s an assurance of success. Embrace our foolproof plan, and step into the exam room with unshakeable confidence!
🔔 Don’t Forget! All Qualifying Individuals also need to ace the California Contractor Law & Business Exam. We offer specialized resources for this exam as well, available for you below.
Pass your C-29 Masonry Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C-29 Masonry Contractor. Study for your exam at HOME, & on your schedule. Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-29 Masonry exam prep manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C-29 Masonry exam.
The most effective C-29 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia Masonry contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your C-29 Contractor License Exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you correctly fill out your original C-29 Masonry contractor exam application. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-29 License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their C-29 Masonry contractor exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-29 Masonry
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-29 MASONRY CONTRACTOR
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – Online Manual (not printable), Streaming A/V (Audio/Video), & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + Online A/V (Audio/Video) & Online Testing
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVD’s, & Online Testing
Our C-29 Masonry Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA 29 MASONRY LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-29 Masonry Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-29 Masonry contractor license exam. Topics include Masonry Unit Components, Masonry Types & Sizes, Mortar Ingredients & Types, Estimating, Reinforcing Steel, Arches, Summaries of the California Building Code, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Electrical Review Questions.
The C-29 Masonry Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-29 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-29 Masonry exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover General knowledge & Review Questions, Math Formulas, and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-29 MASONRY ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Five final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 110 questions each.) Our C-29 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-29 Masonry course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-29 TRADE EXAM CONSISTS OF SEVEN MAJOR SECTIONS
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 15% of C-29 Exam
- Plan projects and scope of work
- Read plans and specifications
- Identify and calculate material needs
- Identify and calculate labor and equipment needs
Section 2. Job Site Preparation – 20% of C-29 Exam
- Pre-construction activities
- Water management
- Reinforcement and bracing
- Job site preparation
Section 3. Masonry Wall and Building Installation & Repair – 16% of C-29 Exam
- Build CMU walls and buildings
- Repair and reconstruct historical masonry structures
- Build and repair retaining walls
- Clean masonry walls and buildings
Section 4. Decorative Masonry Installation & Repair – 9% of C-29 Exam
- Install flatwork and staircases
- Install precast masonry
- Install glass block
- Repair and clean decorative masonry
Section 5. Masonry Veneer and Stone Installation & Repair – 11% of C-29 Exam
- Install adhered veneers
- Install anchored veneers
- Install dimensional stone veneers
- Repair and clean veneer installations
Section 6. Fireplace, Chimney, and Barbeque Installation & Repair – 9% of C-29 Exam
- Fireplace construction requirements
- Barbeque and fire pit construction requirements
Section 7. Safety – 20% of -C29 Exam
- Cal/OSHA safety requirements
- Elevated work
- Handling and fabrication of stone slabs
- Disposal of contaminated materials
* Percentages are approximate
C-29 EXAM SOURCE MATERIAL:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the Masonry exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.bsc.ca.gov
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2023. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Vocational Skills Training for Segmental Paver Installation. Pave Tech, Inc.
PHONE: (800) 728-3832
*Publisher information is current as of 1/23
Official CSLB Description of Duties for a C-29 Masonry Contractor.
California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A masonry contractor installs concrete units and baked clay products; concrete, glass, and clay block; natural and manufactured stone; terra cotta; and fire brick or other material for refractory work. This classification includes the fabrication and installation of masonry component units for structural load-bearing and non-load-bearing walls for structures and fences installed with or without mortar; ceramic veneer (not tile) and thin brick that resembles full brick for facing; paving; and clear waterproofing, cleaning and caulking incidental to masonry construction.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
Pass the Law & Business Exam for Your Original Contractor’s License
- Law & Business Exam Focus: This exam concentrates on California Contractor Law and best business practices.
- Path to Success: To qualify for your first contractor’s license, you must pass both the TRADE and LAW exams. Utilize our resources to “Read, Watch, Listen, Learn, and PASS!”
Prepare for both exams to ensure you meet all the requirements for your original contractor’s license. With the right resources and study habits, you’re on your way to becoming a licensed contractor.
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-29 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-29 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.