Pass The C-20 HVAC Contractor Exam
Passing The C-20 HVAC Trade Exam is Easy as 1,2,3!
- Commit to passing your C-20 Warm-Air Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Contractor exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
- Apply to the CSLB. We will also help you with your application! Call us for assistance.
- Study. Our clients typically pass on their 1st attempt! “Follow the plan & pass your exam!”
All qualifying individuals must also pass their California Law & Business Exam (sold separately)
Pass your C-20 Warm Air Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to passing your C-20 HVAC Contractor license exam, prepare at HOME & on your schedule. Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C-20 exam preparation manual.
- Listen & watch as experts review Math & Title 8 Health & Safety Rules.
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your California C-20 Remodeling Contractor exam.
The most effective contractors’ license course available in California at ANY price!
Study Online! Our multimedia C-20 HVAC contractor course is your best & most affordable method to pass your Contractor License Exam!
TWO: Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools help fill out your application. Call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a proper C-20 HVAC Contractor License application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE: Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass their contractors’ license exams.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-20 Warm Air Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning
IT’s A FACT! when you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-20 HEATING, VENTILATION, & AIR CONDITIONING CONTRACTOR (TRADE EXAM)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual (not printable), Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CD’s, DVD’s & Online Testing
Our C-20 HVAC License, Trade Exam Course includes the following materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
- Business Building Tools
CALIFORNIA C-20 HVAC LICENSE EXAM MANUAL
The C-20 HVAC contractor exam manual briefly covers important State exam of topics, including Properties of Air & Water, Psychrometric Charts, Basic HVAC Formulas, Basic Electrical Formulas, Electrical & Insulating Materials, Soldering & Brazing, Electric Motors, Fuels & Refrigerants, Mechanical Refrigeration, Solar Energy, Plan & Circuit Symbols, summaries of the California Mechanical Code, and Cal/OSHA Health & Safety Orders.
The C-20 HVAC Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-20 Trade exam.
- MATH REVIEW: The Math Review Lecture covers math and estimating formulas, measurement units, basic geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
- Expert instructors with decades of related trade experience cover key C-20 HVAC contractor exam concepts in greater detail. Our A/V lectures include math formulas, C-20 General Knowledge & Review Question lecture, and Title 8 Health & Safety Orders.
THE LATEST ONLINE C-20 HVAC STUDY QUESTIONS AND SIMULATED FINAL EXAMS
- VIRTUAL FLASHCARDS: online flashcards. Our program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: Four final practice exams, each timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 120 questions each.) Our Health and Safety update lists any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
- Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-20 HVAC course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
THE C-20 HVAC EXAM CONTAINS FOUR MAJOR SECTIONS:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation – 25% of C-20 Exam
- HVAC system design and evaluation
- Load and psychrometric calculations
- Duct system design and layout
- Job cost estimation
Section 2. Fabrication, Installation, and Startup – 29% of C-20 Exam
- Duct system fabrication
- Equipment installation
- Electrical and mechanical components
- Plumbing and refrigeration components
- Air distribution and duct systems
- HVAC system startup
Section 3. Troubleshooting, Repair, and Maintenance – 24% of C-20 Exam
- HVAC system diagnostic tests and evaluation
- HVAC system maintenance or repair
Section 4. Safety – 22% of C-20 Exam
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Job site safety requirements (Cal/OSHA)
- Handling hazardous materials
Percentages are approximate
C-20 HVAC Warm Air Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications to create the Warm Air Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) exam. California codebooks are available online: www.bsc.ca.gov
2019 Building Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings. California Energy Commission.
PHONE: (800) 772-3300
2019 California Building Code. Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452.
2019 California Electrical Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. BNI Publications, Inc.
PHONE: (888) 264-2665
2019 California Energy Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
2019 California Mechanical Code. Title 24. International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
PHONE: (800) 854-2766.
2019 California Plumbing Code. Title 24. International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
PHONE: (800) 854-2766.
ASHRAE Handbooks (Fundamentals; HVAC Systems and Equipment; HVAC Applications; and Pocket Guide). ASHRAE.
PHONE: (800) 527-4723
HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal and Flexible. Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association.
PHONE: (800) 886-2653
– Manual CS – Commercial Applications, Systems, and Equipment.
– Manual D – Residential Duct Systems.
– Manual H – Heat Pump Systems.
– Manual J – Residential Load Calculation.
– Manual N – Commercial Load Calculation.
– Manual P – Psychrometrics.
– Manual Q – Commercial Duct Design.
– Manual RS – Comfort, Air Quality, and Efficiency by Design.
– Manual S – Residential Equipment Selection.
Air Conditioning Contractors of America.
PHONE: (888) 290-2220
Modern Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology; Johnson, B., Silberstein, E., Tomczyk, J., Whitman, B. Cengage Learning.
PHONE: (800) 354-9706
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2022. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666
Publisher information is current as of 5/22
Official CSLB Description of License Classification for the HVAC Contractor.
C-20 Warm Air Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Contractor fabricates, installs, maintains, services, and repairs warm air heating systems and water heating heat pumps, complete with warm air appliances; ventilating systems complete with blowers and plenum chambers; air-conditioning systems complete with the air-conditioning unit; and the ducts, registers, flues, humidity, and thermostatic controls and air filters in connection with any of these systems. (832.20 CCR)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-20 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-20 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.