C45 Electrical Sign Exam
PASS THE C45 TRADE EXAM. IT’S EASY AS ONE-TWO-THREE!
- Commit to passing your C45 Contractor exam. Prepare at HOME on your schedule; “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
- Order Our Course and Apply to the CSLB. We help you correctly fill out your Contractor License Application at no additional cost. Call us for assistance. “Spend Less and Pass Your Test.”
- Study. Our clients typically pass their exam on the 1st attempt!
All qualifying individuals must also pass the California Contractor Law & Business Exam (sold separately below)
Pass your C-45 Electrical Sign Contractor exam; it’s simple as 123!
ONE – Commit to becoming a C45 Electrical Sign Contractor, study for your exam at HOME on your schedule, Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!
- Read our best in the industry C45 Electrical Sign exam manual.
- Watch & listen as experts review Math & Health & Safety Rules
- Learn the art of dominating a four-question multiple-choice exam.
- PASS your C45 Electrical Sign Contractor exam.
The most effective C-45 contractor exam course available in California at ANY price!
\Study Online! Our multimedia Electrical Sign contractor course is your best, & most affordable method to pass your CSLB contractor license exam!
TWO – Apply to the CSLB. We will help! New online tools will help you complete your original C-45 Electrical Sign contractor exam application correctly. Fill out the form, call us for assistance, and schedule a free line-by-line review of your application before submission to the CSLB!
With our help, submitting a properly filled-out Electrical Sign Contractor application to the CSLB has never been easier!
THREE – Prepare for and pass your exam. Our students dramatically improve their test scores and pass the C45 Electrical Sign exam.
When ready to test, schedule your exam through PSI. Please read the PSI Candidate Information Bulletin for more information. PSI – C-45 Electrical Sign
IT’s A FACT! When you read something – eTEXTBOOKS, watch something – VIDEO FILES, hear something – AUDIO FILES, and then put that information to use – ONLINE PRACTICE QUESTIONS & ONLINE EXAMS, your ability to retain our study materials increases exponentially!
CALIFORNIA C-45 ELECTRICAL SIGN CONTRACTOR (Trade Exam)
Choose your course format from either
eCourse – 100% Online! Trade eManual, (not printable) Streaming Audio/Video, & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + Online Audio/Video & Online Practice Tests
Or Printed Manual + CDs, DVDs & Online Testing
Our C-45 Electrical Sign Contractor License Trade Exam Course includes the following course materials to maximize your study efforts.
- Trade Specific Textbooks
- Audio Lectures
- Video Lectures
- Online Practice Questions
- Simulated Online Exams
CALIFORNIA C-45 ELECTRICAL SIGN LICENSE EXAM MANUAL:
The C-45 Electrical Sign Contractor exam manual covers the essential topics of the California C-45 Electrical Sign Contractor license exam. Topics include Electrical Theory, summaries of UL 48 and the California Electrical Code, Title 8 Health & Safety Orders, and Electrical Sign Review Questions.
The C-45 Electrical Sign Contractor Study Guide contains the following sections;
- MATH REVIEW: covers math and estimating formulas, units of measurement, elementary geometry, and the architect’s scale.
- GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: This contains basic trade information all students must know to pass the C-45 Trade exam.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our comprehensive health and safety section familiarizes students with Cal/OSHA and other regulations and practices.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS: Lists the most difficult questions, indexed to the relevant section of the manual.
Streaming online Audio/Video files or CDs & DVDs. Expert instructors with decades of experience cover fundamental C-45 Electrical Sign exam concepts in greater detail. Our audio/video lectures cover Math Formulas and Title 8 Health & Safety lectures.
C-45 ELECTRICAL SIGN ONLINE PRACTICE TOOLS:
- FLASHCARDS: Online flashcard program tracks your history and also allows you to exclude questions you have already learned.
- PRACTICE EXAMS: One final practice exam, timed to simulate actual exam conditions. The course also includes two Cal/OSHA Health & Safety tests. (exams are approximately 100 questions each.) Our C-45 and Title 8 Health and Safety update list any new questions to reflect changing trends in exam focus.
ASSISTANCE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION
Get help filling out your contractor exam application or request a free review of your completed form before submission. All students in our C-45 Electrical Sign course can call us at (866) 685 8564 for assistance.
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED ACCESS: To All Online eBooks, Audio/Video, Test Questions & Simulated Final Exams.
We provide complete access to all online course materials for an entire year. Other schools may offer only 90-day access to online tools in the hopes of charging you extra $ for extended access to study materials.
The C-45 Electrical Sign exam consists of five major sections:
Section 1. Planning and Estimation (29% of C45 Exam)
- Sign criteria and codes
- Plans and specifications
- Sign engineering and design
- Sign components
- Electrical requirements
- Material labor and equipment estimation
Section 2. Sign Design and Fabrication (22% of C45 Exam)
- Sign patterns
- Sign face fabrication
- Channel and reverse channel letters
- Sign cabinet fabrication
- Sign assembly
- Fluorescent, LED, and HID fabrication
- Neon design and fabrication
Section 3. Installation (21% of C45 Exam)
- Prewiring of sign electrical components
- Excavation and concrete footings
- Pole and monument sign installation
- Building sign installation
- Electrical connections
Section 4. Testing, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting (11% of C45 Exam)
- Sign testing and troubleshooting
- Sign repair and maintenance
- Tools and equipment
Section 5. Safety (17% of C45 Exam)
- Electrical hazards
- Personal protective equipment
- Cal/OSHA safety requirements
- Hazardous materials
- Working with cranes and ladders
- Transportation and traffic control
*Percentages are approximate
C-45 Electrical Sign Exam source material:
The CSLB utilizes the following publications for the creation of the General Engineering exam. California codebooks can be viewed online: www.dgs.ca.gov/bsc
2022 California Building Code. Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452.
2022 California Electrical Code. (especially Article 600), Title 24. BNI Publications, Inc.
PHONE: (888) 264-2665
2022 California Energy Code. California Code of Regulations, Title 24. International Code Council.
PHONE: (800) 786-4452
CalDAG 2020: California Disabled Accessibility Guidebook, An Interpretive Manual and Checklist. Michael P. Gibbens.
PHONE: (800) 870-0900
California Vehicle Code. Department of Motor Vehicles.
Neon Installation Guide. Northeast States Sign Association.
PHONE: (800) 216-7446
State of California General Industry & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA) and State of California Construction & Electrical Safety Orders (Cal/OSHA). 2023. California Code of Regulations, Title 8. Mancomm.
PHONE: (877) 626-2666.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 48: Standard for Electric Signs. Comm 2000.
PHONE: (888) 853-3503
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 2161: Standard for Neon Transformers and Power
Supplies. Comm 2000.
PHONE: (888) 853-3503
*Publisher information is current as of 1/23
C-45 Sign Contractor – California Code of Regulations Title 16, Division 8, Article 3. Classifications
A sign contractor fabricates, installs, and erects electrical signs, including the wiring of such electrical signs, and non-electrical signs, including but not limited to: post or pole-supported signs, signs attached to structures, painted wall signs, and modifications to existing signs.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
Pass the Law & Business Exam
To obtain your initial contractor’s license, you must successfully complete both the Law & Business Exam, which focuses on California Contractor Law and appropriate business practices, as well as the Trade Exam pertaining to the specific trade you plan to engage in as a contractor.
Pass both exams to qualify for your 1st contractor’s license. “Read, Listen, Watch, Learn, & PASS!”
You are off to a strong start if you readily answer seven or more questions correctly without guessing.
However, if you miss three or more questions, you risk failing the TRADE portion of the C-45 Exam.
We want to talk to you if you found these practice questions helpful!
Think about how useful it would be to access hundreds of researched C-45 exam questions and answers, learn the theory and meaning behind each question, memorize key concepts with virtual flashcards, take
non-graded practice quizzes, and verify your knowledge with full-length, timed practice exams.
Call us at 866-685-8562 for a free licensing consultation.